Sunday, February 15, 2015

Class Warrior 

Do you know me?
Do you think you know me?
I see your gaze forevermore
In the vast supermarket of ideas.

I am the irresistible force
I am the immovable object
A lion in winter
I will always be.

I am the tiger, tiger
Burning bright
In Blake's forest of the night.
Do you think you know
In what furnace burnt my brain?

I am the libido of the revolution
That will not rest content
Until Judgement Day.
Do you know? Did I say?
That there is indeed a way
To make this nation and the world
Swoon and sway!

An Apocalypse of terror in the night
For those who have never known of right.
To me you are a sorry sight
Whose soul is lost in fetid fright!

"Cast a cold eye
On life, on death"
As Yeats would have wanted it
"Horsemen pass by."

"Ireland Forever"
Was my brother's cry!
"Liberte, Equalite, Fraternate"
Was my sister's!

I am the godson of Lenin
The apostle of Mao!
Do you still think you know me?

In the language of class war
I speak of peace
As being something someone finds
On the battlefields
Amongst the dead.

And yet forevermore at most
Will you see me in this vast unknown host.

Do you know me?
Do you think you know who I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment