Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Love's Eternal Hardship!

Standing outside your hollowed Mausoleum
In Harley Cemetery across from the Whitman's Chocolate factory,
I realize the wormhole in the social universe
That you created
For people just like me
Is just the beginning-
A commodius, vicus of eternal recirculation
Back to Delaware Riverrun.

Camden, you broke my heart,
And then made it better again.
And again the bittersweet chocolate memory
Of your sad reality
Haunts me down through the even sadder ages
Of my long lost youth.

I have no idea as to when
Lilacs last in your dooryard bloomed;
And O captain, My Captain
You have not fallen completely silent and dead
Because your Adam's apple has fallen from the Bodhi Tree.

Rather, you have just entered into a new
And impossibly final
Cosmic dimension
Both in and out of space and time.

Of Knowledge and Being you speak even now,
Down through the ages to come
That remain as much part and parcel to
The ever present
Eternal Now
As the Leaves of Grass that rustle in the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment